Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

Well the day has arrived. School was buzzing with excitement and anticipation of the days events. All the K-3 students went on a walk up town to parade around in their costumes. Several of the Main Street merchants were kind enough to hand out candy (not that the kids needed a jump start on their sugar consumption or anything). Unfortunately I wasn't quite in the mood to join in in the celebration. But I did see several interesting and elaborate costumes.....I wish I had their imagination when it comes to costumes. I think one of my New Year's resolutions will be to dress up for Halloween....and actually start on my costume several months in advance so there's no excuse.

Anyway, tomorrow will be quite interesting. All the kids will have sugar hangovers. My sister does a clever thing with her kids. She lets them eat all the candy they want on Halloween night and then takes the candy away. This might seem a little extreme, but they usually eat enough candy to make them sick enough that they really don't want anymore for a long while. Then my sister has control over the rest and can dish it out sparingly.

One more thing....I dyed my husband's hair blonde last night. His hair is normally a very dark brown, but now it is oh so blonde! He still looks totally adorable though! I'm hoping he'll grow it out and not dye it back. We'll see!

Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Nancy Bergenske said...

There was so much candy given out at the parade that my class's bags were crammed full and several children were complaining that they were too heavy to carry back to class! Wish me luch tomorrow... I will need it!

Unknown said...

Wolf Creek and Halloween practically back-to-back...deadly combination! I don't think 4th graders GET tired!