Sunday, October 21, 2007

Do I have to go to work tomorrow?

I really need another day in this weekend. I'm not ready to go to work tomorrow. I'm so tired. Not sleepy tired...I just don't want to do anything except lay on the couch watching really bad TV. But given that it's 4pm, I have to start thinking about making dinner. Luckily, I already know what I'm making (Chicken Curry) and we totally dig it! No funky new recipe for us tonight!

So yesterday when we were grocery shopping, there was this little girl (around 18 months) screaming her head off.....I mean REALLY screaming. The mom, however, seemed not to notice this behavior....or if she did, she was doing a great job of ignoring it and I didn't even hear her talk to the daughter about her behavior. She just went along shopping. Anyway, I saw them later on in the store and the little girl was doing just fine.....until I saw them checking out. Again the girl was screaming and SCREAMING so loud, which made everyone turn around and stare at the little girl and her mom. I felt so bad for the mom because everyone just kept staring at them. Then (whether it was due to the screaming or the little girl hitting her head on her mom's shoulder over and over again) the little girl got a bloody nose. Yet this whole time (and even outside the store where you could hear her screaming several hundred yards away) the mom never said a word to the girl. Very, very odd. Later that afternoon, I kept on wondering what was going on there? Was the girl sick? Did she have some disability? Or was this a normal temper tantrum for the little girl? Whatever it was, the mom deserves some major props for staying so calm! I have never seen a child throw such a fit, especially in public!

I hope y'all had a great weekend. Let's hope by some miraculous miracle that we wake up and it's Sunday all over again (and all of our dishes, laundry, and cleaning are already done too!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have had my child scream and it is hard to stay calm, so props to the mom.