Saturday, October 6, 2007

Apple Harvest Festival

We went to the Apple Harvest Festival today!!! It was a beautiful day too! We had lots and LOTS of apple cider, a tractor ride through the apple orchard, more cider, and a sampling of apples....and that was just one stop! We got on a hair raising hay ride that took people from place to place throughout the town. The ride got interesting when they stopped to switch drivers and our old driver was explaining to the new guy (actually he was probably in his 70's) how to drive the tractor! He drove like a bat out of hell.....but it was really fun! Actually, we think that this specific tractor was a newer model than what he is use to. At our second stop of the day we found Miranda's Rescue that had really cute lab puppies!!!! Oh, we both wanted one so bad...but we're just not ready yet. Our day ended at the same place we started....the apple orchard. I had a crappy cheeseburger but my husband was nice enough to share is Big Dog with me. Thanks honey! The crazy thing is there was this guy standing several people behind us in line and when he finished ordering I was still waiting for my order. About a minute or two pass by and this guy is freaking out because he doesn't have his order yet. Well, his wife is telling him that he was behind us and just to wait for his order.....but does he listen?....absolutely not! He very rudely pushes his way in front of me (I'm like 4 inches from the counter) and is questioning where is order is. If that wasn't bad enough....a lady who just finished ordering is asked to wait to the side (where I'm standing) to get her order. This time I'm standing even closer to the counter to avoid another fiasco....but it doesn't work. She backs her way in front of me! Am I invisible people!!!!!???? Because I sure do feel like it at this point. Anyway, I've just spotted my cheeseburger and go to grab it and THE LADY STARTS TO TAKE IT!!!! So the chick taking the order and myself are telling this lady that THAT is not her order it's MINE!!! It takes her a good 30 seconds to realize what where saying before I can take it from her grubby hands. And do I get an apology? You guessed it....nope! Whatever. If I knew how crappy it was going to taste, I wouldn't have even cared :) We left soon afterward. And that was my day....how was yours?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How can you make a crappy cheeseburger. Our day was good until USC lost to Standford, they were 40 point favorites. Outside of that we had a nice day...stroll through the park, a walk downtown, we'll take you next time you come out.