Monday, October 22, 2007

Retake? Or not to retake?

That is the question. Picture retakes are on Wednesday, and as much as I don't like my picture being taken, my current school pic has made me think otherwise.....it shows my wobbly bits. Plus there is this lame-o tree that we had to lean against. I know it'll be there again, but I'll be prepared this time. I haven't made up my mind for sure yet and I probably won't until the last minute.

So I've been feeling very scattered at work lately. I have so many programs and plus with this whole RtI thing I've been trying to provide the best intervention programs for my students as I can. But I feel that I'm lacking in this way. Dr. Feldman says that the moment you begin to bore over your current program...you keep going with it because that is best for the students. However, there does come a time where you just have to move on. I think I have hit that time. So I have taken another look at what I'm doing. I'm going to try and reinforce what is currently happening in the classroom rather than using a completely separate program. I was kinda doing that before, but I really think I need to align myself more with the classroom teacher. But what do I know? I am still so new to this profession, that I question myself all the time. The teachers I look up to are so seasoned and I hope one day I know half the stuff they do. This seasoning that I lack is so frustrating, specifically during student study teams and such. Maybe it's all just nerves or something, but when it comes time for me to add something to the conversation, I feel like the cat has got my tongue. It feels like nothing intelligent is coming out of my mouth. Today for instance, I just couldn't find the words to make my point. Then, while I'm talking, I realize this which starts to freak me out and I try to end my part of the conversation as soon as possible. I think I just need more time to process what I have to say. I'm much better than I use to be and I hope I can get over this in time.

Here's hoping your Monday was better than mine!

1 comment:

Nancy Bergenske said...

You are only 28.... you don't have wobbly bits!!!! Also, you are smart and you have a good instinct about kids, so say what you feel!!! You're the best!