Monday, October 1, 2007

Disappointing Monday

Today started off pretty decent. I have a brand-new coffee maker in my classroom with cinnamon flavored coffee...very Yum-O. We had beautiful weather....blue sky and the air was as "crisp as an apple" to quote one of my junior high poems. The disappointing part began with CELDT testing.....otherwise known as the California English Language Development Test. Basically, I (along with the bilingual aide) test all English learners on how much English they know. It's disappointing because some students don't do as well as I hope they can......Also, I had been looking forward to going to yoga for the first time with my friend, but because it's Bikram yoga you can't eat for so many hours before you go and you have to drink a LOT of water........since I didn't follow this I couldn't go tonight....also my friend wasn't feeling that great today. A total bummer....but it might be a blessing in disguise because I'm kinda having second thoughts about going because of the intensity of it all. So, to add these things on top of having trouble finding a doctor for my husband or myself has lead to a disappointing Monday......Hunger might have had something to do with it all too. It was salad shmalad again for lunch today, but I feel much better after eating dinner.....one of my favorites....taco soup. Also, I want to thank Jon, Kelly, and Brady for the comments and Jenny for the email.....those have also brightened my otherwise disappointing Monday. I also can't forget my husband.....his hugs seem to melt everything else away.

No comments: