Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Totally Tubular Tuesday!

Today was a great day....hectic as ever, but I got a lot accomplished. I cemented the GATE parent meeting date in and sent out all the invitations. I also have time slots for 2 new GATE classes....Drama and Origami. This is all thanks to Jeremy (our music teacher) who will be teaching the Drama class and Diane (the Kindergarten teacher) who will be teaching the Origami class. I will be taking Diane's class while she is teaching mine.....but absolutely...under no circumstances will I touch or handle the play-dough during choice time (sorry Diane, but you know my policy :) Furthermore, my 4th/5th grade GATE students said they wanted to do a soap carving class. I thought it was so odd and random but I'm totally stoked about it! I have to remember to do a purchase order now....where's my list?

Anyway, yet another teacher has benefited from my new coffee maker! I believe he will be making a coffee run a couple times a week to my room. But it's really the stopping in of all the teachers I love. I feel so isolated in my little room sometimes and I really like when other teachers "pop in" and say hi. Now with the coffee, they have a reason. There are some teachers who say hi even if they don't get coffee though. But I'm such a social person, I need constant human contact. On Fridays when I don't work, I end up talking my husband's ear off when he gets home because I haven't talked to a human all day.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Nancy Bergenske said...

You little social butterfly!! :)

Glad you're feeling back to normal.