Sunday, October 14, 2007

New Recipe = Bad Idea

Sometimes trying new things isn't a great idea....especially when it comes to dinner and you don't have a plan B. Tonight was that night. I saw a recipe for a sausage and potato salad. So (brilliant me) thought "I could serve that hot and it would be great for dinner!" Wrong....oh so wrong. First of all, I bought Italian sausage and I really should have bought the Kielbasa it called for. But the Italian sausage was chicken and the other stuff.....well, you've heard the rumors. Anyway, all was going well till I added the mixture of vinegar, Dijon mustard, and cayenne pepper to the mix. Very odd smell, mostly due to the fact that it was being heated. The onions soaked up all the vinegar and the sausage....well let's just say I only could eat one small piece. The potatoes weren't so bad...just different really. Thank goodness I made a lot of corn! And the leftovers....what leftovers? My refrigerator would revolt if I put something like that inside it. They found their way to the bottom of the trash can as soon as they cooled off long enough not to melt the liner. I also threw away the recipe book I got it from. I felt the rest of the recipes were tainted after what happened. Tomorrow's dinner won't have the same fate. A normal, well used and liked recipe.

No comments: