Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Presidents and Ovens

Presidents:

Former President Clinton made a stop in our little town today. Around 1pm Dennis drove by the fairgrounds and saw around 100 people already waiting in line. However, the doors don't open until 5:30 and there is only room for 400 people in that particular building. Upon seeing the crowd, Dennis called me to come home early to wait for our new oven while he waited in line. He left home around 3:30ish and then around 4:00 I heard his car pull into the drive. Apparently, when he arrived, there were around 1,000 people already waiting around and absolutely no way would he have been able to get in......so, he came back home. I guess we'll just have to read about it in the paper then.

Ovens:

Today was the day we were SUPPOSED to have our oven delivered....but our oven never got on the truck! According to THEIR computer, our oven is supposed to be delivered on Thursday.....but my freaking physical receipt (notice the tone in my voice) says TODAY!!! So to make a long story short, we won't get it till Friday. Come on people, get it together. I'm trying to have soft cheeks (hehehe) but I'm going through oven withdrawals really BAD!!!!!

Here's hoping I make it till then......

1 comment:

Dentay said...

Ironically the reason I couldn't get into line at 1:30 was in case Sears called to deliver the over. So because of the oven I didn't get to see the Bill Clinton, and then the oven never came...

Bad luck....