Friday, January 11, 2008

Ahhh, Sleeping In

Very very nice to sleep in today. I think Big Kitty and Beaumont enjoyed it too. Dennis and I visited our friends and their new baby, Caleb. He's so adorable and looks so different from when we saw him in the hospital. He has the cutest little nose. A co-worker of Dennis's stopped by too with her 15 month old daughter. I got to play and read with her which was really neat. She's just a doll!

Because Dennis got home from work a little early today, we were able to go window shopping for a new oven. Our old oven (although I don't consider 2 years old very old) shorted out or something and burned a hole in the coil. I thought there was a fire in the oven and kinda freaked out when I saw a super bright yellow-white light. Luckily, our dinner got warm enough to eat. Unfortunately, Dennis has been going through withdrawls from not having any baked goods. We had bought cinnamon rolls the day before and Dennis was so looking forward to them, but then the disaster struck and he's been without. Tomorrow might be the day that we buy a new oven. We could replace the part for around $125, but we've been thinking about getting a better and bigger oven any way. I think this whole thing is a sign that we need a new one. However, if Sears isn't having their 0% interest for 12 month thing, it's a no go. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Nancy Bergenske said...

Well.... did you get a new oven? I am just dying to hear!!!!!! :)