Friday, November 9, 2007

I made it!

I finally made it to Y-town. I arrived about 12:00 and headed straight to my old high school to say hi to my very favorite teacher, Mr. Matts. Then (because it's such a small town) I ran into my sister-in-law and niece. It's like I hit two birds with one stone! Anyway, then I checked out Hunter's class. He is so cute! I loved seeing him interact with the other students and work at his centers. Then I headed over to see my old kindergarten teacher. While I was waiting for her class to get out, I saw my nieces aunt and my niece! Totally awesome since I wasn't sure if I would be able to see my niece this weekend.

Now, while I borrow my dad's computer to write this, I am going to get gas and go to my sister's house. There, we will finish decorating birthday cakes! But before I go, a story.

As I was driving along 101 minding my own business and singing along with the music, I spied a highway patrol heading the other direction. This promted me to check out my speed....which was 80 mph!!! Freaking out, I lightly tapped the brakes and slowed down to 65. Then, to my horror, I saw the HP flip a Uie. I watched and watched but I didn't see him come up behind me....but then he was right there! He put on his lights and I pulled over. He said he pulled me over for having a tinted licsense plate frame and because I didn't merge left when car was entering the freeway........then he mentioned the speeding. "I also noticed you were speeding a bit. But the hill might have just caught up with you." Yeah, a small hill can cause a speed of 80mph! Thankfully, he said he wasn't going to write me a ticket and he wasn't going to give me a lecture......he just wanted me to be safe. I was so relieved! And the whole time he was asking me questions, I was my usual perky and smiley self. That may have had something to do with not getting a ticket as well. My sister says I need to buy a lottery ticket now....and I think I will.

Well off to fill up my tank! Have a great weekend y'all!.....and watch your mph's! :)

1 comment:

Nancy Bergenske said...

Have fun you lucky duck!