Saturday, November 17, 2007

Bill

My little brother, Bill, called me today! He was just hanging out enjoying his time back in the states. I asked him what was the first thing he ate when he got back.....he said it was a double whopper from Burger King. Since it was Veteran's Day when he got back, he didn't have very many choices for dinner. It was really great to talk to him and he sounded really happy to be back. I can't wait till I see him at Christmas. I wonder how muscular he'll be? I have this one picture of him and his buddy in Iraq holding their guns and his bicep is as big around as my head practically!

So, I've got all of my Thanksgiving grocery shopping done. We're going over to J, K, and B's house so they're also doing part of the shopping. Now all I have to do is make a blackberry pie, Portuguese sweet bread, and cinnamon rolls. I'm just not sure if I'm going to have everything made before we head over, or if I should make and shape the bread and cinnamon rolls and then bake them over there. I'll have to think about what would work best. I also have to find my cooking timeline. I've been using in for the last several years and it works out pretty well.....most everything is ready to eat at the same time.

I'm off to slice the banana bread....it's cooled down just enough to eat! Yum-O!

No comments: