Saturday, November 3, 2007

Goodie Day

Next week I have goodie day at my school. I haven't finalized plans with my other goodie contributors, but I totally want to do an appetizer theme. Appetizers for me are right up there for the same reasons as cupcakes. They aren't so adorable, but they can look pretty amazing. Anyway, I want to make these pumpkin cheese balls that I saw in Taste of Home and I want to make mini creme filled cupcakes too. Plus, I've been tossing around the idea of bringing homemade mini corn dogs or mini hot dogs with smoky ketchup and honey mustard. Both recipes are from Everyday with Rachael Ray. The key for a successful goodie day is to make a lot of whatever you bring. The reason being...it has to last through 3 lunch periods. More often than not, by the time the junior high teachers get there lunch there isn't that much left of anything. Appetizers might be a good solution to that problem. It's easier to reserve a portion of the appetizers for the later lunchers than it is to reserve a portion of lasagna or soup.

All this food talk has made me hungry! Good thing we're headed to dinner in 2 minutes!

1 comment:

Nancy Bergenske said...

OMG!!! Goodie Day isn't this week is it? I am so not ready!!

But appetizers DO sound really good. :)