Monday, December 17, 2007

What A Day!

My cookie platter was a hit and was gone within hours. I finished and scored all the GATE tests today! Woo hoo! All I have to do is write notification letters and send them out. I probably won't start on that until after break. Since tomorrow is my last day before break, I'm planning to DIBEL all my students....I should be able to accomplish this (I hope).

Things kinda went awry after lunch. Remember how we were going to hitch a ride to the GATE Academy with a school south of us?....Well, because of a miscommunication at their school, we no longer have a bus. Therefore, it's back to parent drivers and getting all the paper work in on time to be approved. This includes myself. All I'm waiting on is a fax from my insurance company, which is proving to be a rather difficult task as I can't get a hold of my insurance guy. This whole situation has left me agitated and stressed out! On a high note though, I was able to ship all the Christmas packages I needed to AND get some stamps. The UPS store was packed, but all the customers in there were pretty nice and smiley. Thankfully, by checking that to do off my list really lifted my spirits. Good thing because of what came next....

I got a late start on dinner because of the errand, but because we were having tacos I wasn't worried. I buy spices that I use often from Costco....they're cheaper and I don't have to replenish them often. Anyway, I reached for my taco seasoning and noticed as I was shaking it (to loosen it up) it was pretty loose already. So, I began to shake it vigorously onto my hamburger. I began to notice a wonderful smell and realized that I wasn't pouring taco seasoning onto the meat, it was cinnamon! I contemplated removing the tainted meat, but it was all over and I would end up throwing away most of it........so I added at least twice as much taco seasoning to cover up the oh so very cinnamony taste. Thank goodness my red onion was really strong because it helped mask the taste pretty well. I think I will be double and triple checking my spices before adding them to anything!

Thanks for reading!

No comments: