Monday, December 3, 2007

Crazy Wind

We have crazy wind and rain here today. Unfortunately, we still had power at school so we all had to go to work. Some schools south of us were lucky enough not to have power and were able to sleep in in a warm and cozy bed.

I tell you, who ever discovered cous-cous is a genius! I absolutely love it! And until a few months ago, I had never eaten it before. We went over to a friends outs at the end of the summer and they made it for us. It had toasted pine nuts, tomatoes, bell pepper, shredded carrot, and sliced green onions in it......and I totally fell in love with the dish! We had it several more times within the next month. However, I've had to start serving chicken with it because Dennis says the cous-cous itself is not enough for dinner......so we get a Costco chicken and call it good!

Anyone craving for a taste of their childhood?......Well, my suggestion is to make some Rice Krispie Treats! I made some last night and I forgot how good they are!!!.....Plus, they remind me of when I was a little kid and what a special treat it was to have them......Find them a little too crunchy the next day? Just nuke 'em for 10 seconds in the microwave....that's what Dennis taught me tonight. They get just gooey enough without falling apart! Mmmmmm.

Only 21 more shopping days left!

No comments: