Thursday, December 20, 2007

Amish Bread

I'm on my second round of Amish Bread. You know, that bread starter thing that was very popular in the 80's?.....Well, it's back....kind of. Dennis got it from someone at work and I just put the second batch in the oven. Although, I'm having trouble giving the starter to people. I asked Nancy but it was like I was asking her to do something....um...not quite right. She then proceeded to tell me that she did it in the 80's and had so much starter lying around and couldn't bring herself to just throw it away. Needless to say, she didn't want to go through that again. I can't blame her really....you make bread every 10 days! I'm a little concerned because I'll have to make it again on the 30th, but we won't be here....hmmmm....I need to figure that one out......Or I guess I could give it all away?

As I hoped, I was productive today......so was Big Kitty, although she was taken against her will. She got her manicure today (worth every penny) and went with me while I ran errands. I don't think she exactly liked it. However, when she was a kitten, I would zip her up in my jacket and take her EVERYWHERE with me. She didn't seem to mind then. But now in her old age she's gotten cranky (that's one of Nancy's words....I would have like to use "blasted," but it just didn't sound right).

Just remember, only 254 minutes till Friday!

No comments: