Friday, December 21, 2007

Collateral Damage

After dropping off a friend at her house, I was almost collateral damage in a slow speed chase. As I was approaching a traffic light, I noticed a car parked all wonky and a guy talking to a cop. Then the guy ran into his car and took off, which just happened to be right behind me. So, to avoid being hit by the guy or possibly the cop, I moved to the left as much as I could without entering the intersection. Then the guy went around me followed closely by the cop. Since I turned down the same street, I watched as the guy served in and out of traffic and then I think he turned and got blocked in by the cop car. It was all very exciting and made my adrenaline pump like crazy. I was on the phone with Dennis when the whole thing went down and in the middle of our conversation I said "Oh sh**! I gotta go!" and then hung up the phone. I imagine he was pretty freaked out by that so I called him back when I was in the store to let him know what happened. I always wondered what I would do if I had a chance to block someone from running.....and now I guess I know. You never know how crazy these people are or what they are capable of......and if that person is running from the cops, you know they're not all there to begin with!

Otherwise, my day was lovely!......And I hope your day was too!

No comments: