Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Salad Shmalad

Just like the beginning of summer brings realizations of how much weight was gained during the year, Fall also brings those realizations. Thus, I went to Costco on Monday and bought the 1 pound container of salad. Now, instead of enjoying the carb and calorie loaded leftovers from the night before, I have to suffer through a SALAD for lunch. I try to accessorize as much as possible. A little tomato here, a little avocado there, several nutty nuts, and viola'.....a nicely dressed salad. But really that's all it is....nicely dressed. You end up being hungry about an hour later and scarf down a leftover cupcake, thanking God you had a birthday in your room that day....or so I've been told because that's so obviously something I have never done. Therefore, I've been trying to do some healthful snacking before and after lunch to avoid the cupcake incident as mentioned above. Thank goodness for those 100 calorie packs. I carry at LEAST 2 packages on me at all times....I need choices after all. But these things have saved me let's say around 3pm when my stomach takes control and starts doing the talking for me. I've just recently discovered the Alpha Bit cookie ones.....I like to alphabetize them...........and then..........
spell things.

Thanks for reading!!!

No comments: