Friday, September 21, 2007

Picture day

Don't you just love picture day!!! Well, I don't. I know it may sound a little silly, but a few days before picture day I practice smiling in the mirror...this is to avoid that crazy smile or the twitchy eye or any wobbly bits. Last year the lady caught me off guard and made me laugh just as she took the picture. It was the funniest looking picture ever!!!! Anyway, so I've been practicing my smile with my head slightly turned to the right because this is my better side. My plan was to have my picture this way because I knew how to turn and smile every so slightly as to avoid exposing any wobbly bits or flabby areas. The staff picture was at 8am this morning. I arrived promptly freezing my a** off while the camera people got ready. Then, to my horror, I realized my bad side was facing the camera. I pleaded with someone to switch sides with me, but all the other shorties in the front row were too miffed at having to stand there year after year, so I was denied my plea. As unhappy as I was at this, I figured I would have my solo picture taken on my good side. Wrong again! As I walked up to the photographer I saw I would have to expose my horrid right side again. I pleaded with him if I could do something different and his response was that I could lean up against the fake tree!!!!! I am all for the environment, but I am so not a tree hugger!!! So my hopes for a decent picture went down the drain. So, so sad.

Remember my longing for a birthday party with family? Well, my husband and I drove over to visit his brother, wife, and nephew. When we arrived they had decorated the house and had cake and presents waiting!!! Thank you guys!!! My nephew also showed off his new skills of crawling. Actually his crawl is more like an inch worm's right now. Super cute!! He is oh so adorable and has to be the happiest baby I have ever seen!!! Tomorrow we'll hang out and then Kelly and I are going shopping!!!!

1 comment:

Nancy Bergenske said...

1. You are adorable from all sides!!
2. I hope you are having a blast with your family.
3. I like your new pics of the pets on the side.
3. I think you should put a picture of your new haircut up!