Saturday, September 22, 2007

Baby brother

I have been having a great time hanging out with my brother-in-law and family this weekend. Kelly and I went shopping all day and got some really cute things. Sonic was our dinner tonight and it really sucked....if I were you, I would avoid eating there....ever! But probably the best thing about today was I got a call from my baby brother. I guess he's not such a baby since he is 26. Anyway, he is in the Army and stationed in Iraq. This is his second tour there and he should be home in 45 days. I haven't talked to him since February, I think. He sounded so grown up, which he said was probably the phone distorting his voice. It was more than that though....and as I was realizing this, I began to cry. I hope he didn't notice, but I was so happy he called to wish me a happy birthday. It took me about 30 minutes after we hung up to stop crying....I wasn't like sobbing or anything (I was in public after all), I was just really REALLY teary and it was difficult to talk. I so miss him and hope he stays safe while he's over there. His call really meant a lot. Thanks dude!

Well, Kelly and I are off to Target.....we're gonna get our shop on!....again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy!
It was great to talk to you! I know I don't call anyone enough from over here, but reminding myself of home makes me feel so much further away. Less than a month and a half before I'll be back in the good 'ol USA and I will definitely come and visit! Take Care