Saturday, September 8, 2007

I'm back!

Oh, the joys of the farmers market! It's actually my fault really. I decided to sleep in, which means we didn't arrive there until 11am. Well, the later you go the busier and odder the market becomes. There's quite a combination of people milling and dancing about. My goal today was to get tomatoes and peaches.....well, I got the tomatoes, but the peaches were a no-go. They are so popular that you can barely even get in close enough to touch a peach without being pushed out of the way. I was determined to get some to make a pie, however, my husband threw me a curve ball......and stated he doesn't care for peach pie. So, I had a choice to make: Do I make a pie anyway and end up eating the whole thing and have my thighs hate me for the next few weeks.......or.......not fight the pushy hippies and make a healthy tomato salad instead? Well, I chose the more healthful alternative. However, the tomatoes we got were a different type than we got before and they end up giving you a gag reflex when you eat them.......I should have taken the hippies on and bought the darn peaches.

So, my husband and I are thinking about getting another pet. Either a cat or a dog. We went to a pet show today and saw a really cute (just what we would want) Lab puppy. We also saw an adorable tabby cat. A dog is a lot more responsibility and we wouldn't be able to go and visit our nephew quite as often as we do. But a new cat might throw our other cats into a revolution against us. I'll keep you posted....our investigation into this matter continues......

I'm off to make my grocery list. Anybody want anything?

1 comment:

Steven said...

Tofu--Or, Just Maybe, Some of Your Killer Brownies!--Diabetic Style