Friday, September 28, 2007

Holly Yashi

Tonight I went to the Holly Yashi sale!!! My friend and I got there about 5pm and we didn't leave till after 8pm. For those of you who don't know what the Holly Yashi sale is, well, it's basically jewelry that is 50%-80% off. You can only go on Friday night if you have a ticket because it's the so called "preview sale" and they serve wine and cheese. There are so many women crowded around these tables looking for the perfect earrings or the best buy. You can tell some of them want to shove you to the side to get in, but instead wait patiently with their jaw clenched. However, there are a few who do just butt right in...they can get down right mean when fighting over jewelry. Oh, but some of the pieces are just so sparkley! I'm like a moth to a flame when it comes to things that sparkle....but I am afraid of moths (thanks to my brother) so I guess I'm more like a mosquito to a bug zapper. Anyway, I only ended up spending $70 unlike my friend who spent over $200. We were both in shock at the total and thought the lady made a mistake, but she went through it all again and it was right! We just kept laughing about it because she was in shock at what happened. She really did get some nice pieces of jewelry. One of which was my birthday present....a really pretty necklace to go with earrings I bought last year.

On another note....remember how I won on the radio yesterday? Well, today I was entered into a drawing for the races and I won that too!!!! I was so excited, although, I don't think I'll end up going. Boxing is on at the same time tomorrow night and I can't miss that!

Smokey the Bear came to school today. He completely freaked me out. I have a fear of people dressed in costumes like that. At one point today he was waiting in the hallway by my room and I couldn't bring myself to go by him and into my room.....so, I ended up going over to the main building to wait him out. Luckily, when I returned, he was no longer there. Too freaky for me!

2 comments:

Nancy Bergenske said...

Hey there!! Please post a picture of what you bought... I wanna see!

And, when you go to Disneyland do you NOT get your picture taken with all the characters?

And, I hope someday you are propositioned on the street by a man dressed like a sandwich, then you'll have a reason to be afraid of costumed people!

Happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

I don't mind when you hide from costumed people...because it is in my room. Then I get to chat with an adult!

Have fun with your boxing or races, whichever.