Thursday, September 20, 2007

My 28th Birthday!

Today is my 28th birthday. It is a little more difficult than I expected. A few days ago I found a neon white hair on my head....I almost cried. Now I'm officially in my late LATE 20's. Many of my students today thought I was turning 32! I almost fell off my chair! Actually, I thought it was a pretty good guess since they didn't guess anything in the teens or anywhere close to 100.

My husband gave me a wonderful card with illustrations of our cats and a bee (he draws very well). I also got balloons, flowers, and a bird feeder delivered to my classroom from my mom and sister. Thanks you guys!!!! Plus, my friend Barb gave me a mini cake (which I've always wanted) and I may or may not share it with my husband. Most likely I will though. He's too sweet not to share a sweet with. When I got home, I had all these wonderful cards from my family. I so love birthdays! It's not the gifting part that I love, it's the celebration and socialization that I love. And on that note, I am a little sad I can't be with my family in Y-town on my birthday. I haven't had a birthday nor have I been a family birthday party back home for quite some time. I truly miss them. However, I have a very loving husband who will spoil me rotten today. He just walked in the door with a beautiful flower arrangement too!....so I will have to go for now.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes!

No comments: