Monday, April 27, 2009

Water For Elephants


Miraculously, I finished this book in less than a month! If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it. It was just spectacular! Unaware of what it was about, I started reading and soon discovered it was about the circus. This immediately freaked me out because I didn't want to read anything about clowns....."nothing scarier than a clown" Carrie from SATC. Thankfully, there is only one minor reference to clowns and that's it!....big sigh of relief! It takes place in two times, the great depression and present day. It is an amazing story that sucks you in immediately and by the end, you really can't put it down! A truly enjoyable read. So much so if fact that I would stay up a half hour to an hour past my bedtime to continue reading it. Now I think I may begin Twilight....although I've been really wanting to reread The Other Boylen Girl. I may just have to flip a coin.

2 comments:

shan said...

Carrie is right there is nothing scarier than a clown....and she's right clowns scare me to death. I will not read or watch anything with a clown involved. Hope all well

Crystal said...

I just finished the Twilight books (I read all 4 in 5 days) and I am hooked. I would suggest these books :-) I have my sister and husband hooked on them too.