Sunday, April 19, 2009

Shocking!

You might just want to stop reading now. What I'm about to say may make some of you sick....but it shocked me so much that I just had to blog about it.

I've been on a search for jeans for the past few months. I usually have to try on about 25 pairs before I find one that fits me some what decently. Anyway, today I was trying on jeans at Target and I actually found a pair that fit! But here's the clincher.....they were a size 4 skinny jean!!!!! Okay, I cannot even remember when I last fit into a size FOUR....maybe early college?....high school? And to make things even more shocking was the fact that they were a skinny jean!!! Have you ever tried on a pair? Completely bizarre! I looked like all the teeny boppers you see hanging out at the mall. And really, are tapered legs EVER a good idea? The whole experience was mind boggling. Here I was in a dressing room wearing a pair of jeans that actually fit, but my mind was saying no, no, NO!!!!.....and if you couldn't tell, I didn't buy them. I just couldn't do it. Yes, I would have loved to have a size 4 in my closet....but in a skinny jean?.....no thank you. I would have never tried them on in the first place, but they were thrown in with the other normal low-rise boot cut jeans. And by now you must be wondering if I went back to check for a "normal" size 4 jean.....you bet I did......and was sadly dissapointed when they did not exsist. And to think I was this close to having a size 4 in my closet!!!!!

3 comments:

Aunt Sonja said...

Cindy..what size do you normally wear? I like low rise jeans also! for me they just fit at my waist.

Nancy Bergenske said...

You are adorable with your new skinny jean-sized self, but I do feel a little sick to my stomach after this post.... maybe it's all the pizza I had for dinner.... hmmm no skinny jeans for me!

shan said...

Excuse me while I go have another slice of pizza and other cookies I made with friends...you make me sick right now!!! LOL