Thursday, April 23, 2009

First Tooth!


I can't believe it's here already! I sat down to blog (with Caitlin) and I had a completely different story to tell, but I decided to feel around her gums......and there it was!!!!! It's one of her bottom teeth and you can see it coming up too! We tried to take a picture, but you can't see anything on the photo. She won't be 6 months for another week! I can't believe she has her first tooth already! She's growing up so fast!

My original story was how two of my GATE students scared me half to death. I had gone into my classroom (where the lights were off and the door was shut) and I started to fix this paper thing on my white board when I thought I heard something behind me. So I turned around and saw them in the corner of my room, but it scared me so bad that I screamed at the top of my lungs and had to cover my mouth before I said a curse word! That would be an interesting conversation with their parents if I had cursed! I was discombobulated for a good 10 minutes! I couldn't find which page I needed to be in the math book and I had to look at my lesson plans several times to figure it out....all the while, my students are just cracking up. They said they didn't mean to scare me and thought I had actually seen them.....I just kept on saying, "Don't you think I would have said 'Hello' if I had seen you in the first place?" Even though they found it completely hilarious, I think they were a little scared I might be mad and give them detention or something. After a while, I did think it was pretty funny. I did remind them about pay backs and they need to watch out. Hehehe!

So my mom is coming over tomorrow afternoon. It's pretty exciting. She hasn't been able to hang out with Caitlin for more than a couple hours since she was born because we're usually on the go and needing to get to our final destination. I think I'll take her to the farmer's market and the craft fair at the fairgrounds on Saturday. It should be a lot of fun! So if I don't blog between now and then, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Wow first tooth! How exciting. Now you better watch out :)

Aunt sonja said...

When that tooth comes in never put your finger in her mouth. That tooth is razor sharp and they can clamp their little mouth shut. So cute! Tell mom HI!

Nancy Bergenske said...

So now you know why she hasn't been sleeping! Have a fun visit with your mom.