Monday, September 1, 2008

Surprise!

Yesterday (after my sister left) Dennis told me I needed to get out of the house. Not really understanding why he needed me "out," I questioned him. He said he was going to work on a project for the baby. Immediately I thought he was going to paint the baby's room or do something with paint that I wasn't aware of....so I asked him "Does it have to do with paint?" His scary response: "I can neither confirm, nor deny it has to do with paint." Needless to say, I was convinced he was going to paint something. So off to the store I went at a super slow pace (not that I needed to try too much to go slow.....pregnancy tends to do that anyway in the 3rd trimester). When I arrived home, I heard him hammering in the garage and was instructed to STAY OUT! Confused and exhausted, I took a nap. About an hour later he said the surprise was ready to view....and this is what it was:

We'd been eying this dresser at Target for quite some time and I was just itching to get it so I could begin putting things away. We were waiting for it to go on sale, but I didn't know when that would ever happen and thus, didn't think we'd end up getting it. Well apparently Dennis speeded off to Target on Sunday morning to pick it up (on sale too!) while my sister and I went out to breakfast....what a sneaky little guy! I'm so excited we finally have a dresser! I can't wait to start doing laundry and putting her things away.....plus it's super cute and goes with her other furniture! Isn't my husband the greatest!

1 comment:

Jenai said...

AAAAHHHH!!!! *squeals with joy*... Yes, he is indeed the best! He earned that title today, for sure! And what a darling dresser!

Oh gosh.... this reminds me that I have to start knitting!!! *G* I haven't knitted baby socks in quite a long time, and it's totally addictive. ;)

YAY!!!