Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Childbirth Class - Week 1

Well, both Dennis and I didn't learn anything new that we haven't already read in our books. I bit disappointing for me, but I'm really hoping it's better next week. I think the worse thing was how LONG the class was. Okay, it was only 2 hours but having a class in the evening for a 3rd trimester pregnant lady is torture! I was trying so hard not to fall asleep....especially when they showed the video and turned off all the lights! Most of the women there were due in October and there was one due in December. By far, Dennis was the most engaged out of all the men.....many of them had their heads down twiddling their thumbs or had extremely bored looks on their faces.

Ooooooo, this morning the baby was pushed to my right side so my tummy was completely misshaped and freaky looking! She eventually moved back into a position that made my tummy more rounded. Now that I've been seeing kids for the past week, she's decided to do somersaults while I'm trying to teach a class. I have to use all my energy to concentrate on what I'm teaching and not what she's doing.....it's challenging at times and like the childbirth teacher last night said, it's like they have 8 limbs!.......But I do love every minute of it!

No comments: