Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sane


Today I feel sane enough to blog.....the bag of Circus Animals sitting next to me is helping too. Summer school started Monday and although Monday was mostly okay, but by yesterday afternoon, I was completely stressed out! I planned this HUGE project to work on during the 4 weeks and along with all the math and language arts I'm having the kids do, they aren't finishing their work and I'm not able to get to my lower kids! I'm planning way too much and I need to scale it WAY back. There are so many different ability levels I freaked out I'm not going to meet their needs! Thank goodness I don't have major behavior issues......just some minor annoying ones really. So today I ran groups for the first time and it seemed to go well. However, I'm running out of time to see my remedial groups.......I need to fix this issue ASAP. I've only been able to see one group a day.....so not good enough! But I guess I should just "let it go" as Julia would say because my kids are really working hard the whole time on math, comprehension skills, and writing every day......and honestly, how much can I really do in 16 days?!

Drat! I finished off the rest of the Circus Animals! And let me tell you, there was definitely more than one serving left! Not a single frosted animal is safe with me in the room. I'm so going to regret this in a few hours! That's the other problem with summer vacation....way too much time to snack away the day.

So now, I will leave you with a few more pictures from our camping trip.





2 comments:

Life According to Kate said...

Circus Animal cookies are THE BEST!! But there must be something in them because there is literally NO way to eat just a few. Good luck with all your work--I know you are an amazing mommy and an amazing teacher, so I'm positive it will all fall into place.

Nancy Bergenske said...

Ugh! I know just how you feel... I ate a big bag of Cheetos today. Now the boys want dinner, and I don't want to cook!