Monday, July 6, 2009

Art


Okay, I don't do art. Today I acknowledge that fact. I have never been able to.....ever. I'm just not that creative when it comes to paper and glue or crayons and markers. What is up with that? Today, I saw Nancy making an actual paper tree for her adjective tree and I couldn't believe how awesome or obvious it was to display the adjectives that way! Why on earth couldn't I think of making a "tree" for the adjectives.....or really any other crafty thing to display their work. Here I was going to make them write it all down on boring border paper. So, I borrowed Nancy's idea and did something similar. Well, I ended up making three different prototypes because I didn't like any of the other two. I was so frustrated and then I got even more frustrated because I was frustrated! Arg! I'm having the kids make them tomorrow and I'm sure their's will turn out much better than mine. Thanks again Nancy for inspiring me to come out of my boring box.....and I'm sure it won't be the last time!

No comments: