Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Twilight and 400th Blog Post!!!


Woo hoo!!!! This is my 400th blog post! Who knew I'd be keeping this up after a year and a half!.....and have so much to say!

After putting it off for several months, I started reading Twilight. At first I was not into it at all. In fact, part of me wanted to stop reading it all together. The language is so basic and the author uses a LOT of descriptive language that gets very boring. But then, the story started to develop and I got hooked. I only have a few chapters to go and I'm anxiously awaiting to watch the movie and then read Midnight Sun which is Edward's perspective of Twilight. I had no idea this other book existed. I was talking to Nancy and one of the Kindergartner's mom overheard me and said I might be interested in it. So, during my next break, I promptly looked it up online. You can find it at Stephenie Meyer's official website http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html It's an online document of a rough draft version.....she explains it all on that page. I see now why so many people would stay up for days reading the series....quite addictive, they are!

On an odd note: I was in the school office today writing out a note for some teachers, when I discovered an awesome pen! Do you ever get that euphoric feeling when writing with the perfect pen or pencil? The words just easily flow onto the paper and you feel like you can go on and on.....writing anything just to be able to hang on to that feeling as long as possible. The only problem is that the pen writes in black ink....I prefer blue (it's a happier color). Although, I may have to overlook this flaw because it writes so beautifully! To say the least, this pen now belongs to me (with permission from the secretary of course).

4 comments:

Dentay said...

"At first I was not into it at all. In fact, part of me wanted to stop reading it all together. The language is so basic and the author uses a LOT of descriptive language that gets very boring. But then, the story started to develop and I got hooked."

Ironic? These same words describe your blog!

Love ya,
Dennis

Dentay said...

Oh, and congrats on your 400 posts...I guess that's something to be proud of.

:-)

Jenai said...

Isn't she the worst author? And isn't the book embarrassingly addictive? LOL... (Jaime was hooked too)

;)

Crystal said...

Haha...I know the books are such an easy read, but addictive still...