Thursday, May 7, 2009

Nevada


Today my mother moved to Nevada. There, I said it (or rather typed it) without crying. She's going to be cooking on a cattle ranch out in the middle of nowhere. This new job is completely up her alley and something she's looking forward to. I know I will talk to her and see her about the same, but it just breaks my heart that she's moving so far away. This morning I went down to Nancy's room to tell her and almost immediately had to leave and I barely made it back to my room before I burst into tears. I was pretty much on the verge of tears all morning long. Finally, I talked to my sister this afternoon and was able to compose myself...until I got home that is. I came home to a package sent from my mom. It was a painting that my great-grandmother made. Big crocodile tears flowed from my eyes and I just sobbed and sobbed. Things will get better each day. But for right now, I'm just really sad.

No comments: