Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Oh, the horror!!!


I can't believe it was that bad!.....Twilight the movie, that is. Within the first five minutes, I thought, "No!!!! It can't be this bad! It's just my imagination. It has to be better!" Oh, no! The acting was HORRIBLE and the soundtrack was just as bad! I had prepared myself for the usual plot tweaks that always happen when a book is turned into a movie, but there is no excuse for the bad acting!!!!! I had to read part of New Moon just to get the movie out of my head! And all day I've been trying to block the horrible images. Did they really need all those up close shots of Bella and Edward? And what was with Edward's eyebrows!!!! I know Bella is a bit mellow in the book, but she was simply without a pulse in the movie! Then, when she was supposed to be quite dramatic at a specific part in the movie, it was like she was having a normal conversation!!!!! Plus, the dramatic camera motions and blue tint, drove me nuts! Oh, and Edward's supposed to be this beautiful creature, but in the movie he looks just so unattractive! This has to be one of the worst movies I've seen in a very long time! Hopefully, with a new director (and some acting lessons) the second movie will be much better. I mean, it has to be, right?

6 comments:

shan said...

I know it was pretty bad. I was forced to watch it and I was sick so it made is that much worse too. I haven't read the books and really have no desire to see it either!!

Life According to Kate said...

If you're a true Twilight-aholic, you should come visit us...since the book was supposed to be set in the "lovely" town of Forks, people are flocking through Port Angeles just to get there! In reality, there is NOTHING there, and what are people expecting to see exactly? Vampires? Baffles me! There's even a Twilight store in P.A.! Have fun reading! :)

Crystal said...

I hate that you didn't like the movie. I watched the movie first, then got hooked on the books. Hope your enjoying the second book :-)

Dentay said...

Maybe you should change the picture. Kind of weird seeing the caption "Oh, the horror" with a photo of the bug and I taking a nap.

:-(

-Daddy

Nancy Bergenske said...

I second Dentay's comment... it took me a couple of seconds of reading to realize something bad didn't happen to sweet Caitlyn!

Jenai said...

Poor D... good thing you changed the pic! :)

And I will forever relish the memory of you phoning me up... with much caution in your voice... asking if I *really* did like that movie. LOL

Do watch it again after you finish the books... and see if you are more amused and less horrified with it. Or... not... *Giggle*