Saturday, March 1, 2008

A New Light

Dennis successfully installed a brand new dining room light today! However, remember how I hoped he would do in unscathed.....well, it almost happened. Everything went just fine when he was in the attic and when he was working in the dining room....until he dropped a screw. The screw landed over by our fireplace, so naturally he bent down and picked it up. Sadly, he forgot about our mantle and hit the top of his head on it! So hard that it knocked him out!!!! Now (poor thing) he has a gnarly red bump on his head. But now we have a beautiful new light over our dining room table. It's so weird, but it's so awesome too! I just love, love, love lots of light!

Yesterday a small piece on my cell phone broke off shortly after I hung up with Nancy. I have a flip phone and the piece that broke hold the phone together while it flips open and closed. Now, when I open it it's all crooked and I have to hold it together. So we went to the cell phone store to get me a new one.....but we encountered 2 problems. One, I didn't really like any of the cell phones available and the ones that I kinda liked were really expensive. Two, the sales lady was completely rude! We were basically told to leave the store. It all started when she was looking up my information to see if I was eligible to get a new phone. After I gave her all my information including showing her my ID, she said there was nothing she could do for me and I needed to call customer service. I asked her why and she said she couldn't give me any information. I asked her if she could recheck the info I gave her and she kinda just shook her head and said she couldn't do anything. I told her I was confused and I didn't understand what exactly was going on and she again said there's nothing she could do.....But this whole time she was so rude! Her tone of voice was mean and she didn't even attempt to fix or look into the problem! It turns out (after I was on hold for 15 minutes with customer service) the zip code needed to gather my info was from when I lived in Ashland 6 years ago! When I had moved from there they had to cancel that phone and issue a new phone number.....so I have 2 accounts when you pull my info up. The crazy thing is that it took maybe 5 minutes for the customer service rep to figure everything out.......and she was sooooooooo nice about it all! She also said that if I go back to the store to buy a phone and they run into the same problem, I need to tell them to look again because I have 2 accounts. Oh, she was so helpful and I totally appreciated it in my frustrated and pissed off state! So tomorrow I will head to a different cell phone store to hopefully buy a new phone.

Peace out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Dennis... tell him I hope his head is better soon, and what a cranky saleslady!! You should complain to the store manager... of course she probably is the manager!! Glad you solved your problem.

Nancy