Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Trees

As my wonderful husband pointed out, I forgot to tell you about our new trees! This weekend (Saturday to be specific) we went out to get 2 trees for our naked front yard. I didn't think it was going to take as long as it did to pick them out. I went there with a pretty firm idea of what I wanted, but couldn't find it. Then when we found a tree that was very similar to what I wanted, Dennis didn't really care for the shape of the tree and I didn't like that it cost $72!....EACH!!! So after going back and forth, BACK AND FORTH, we decided on 2 crabapple trees. They are very pretty and have very dark red leaves and trunk. I even think that they will have pink blossoms which I so desperately wanted! We planted them that afternoon ( and when I say "we" I mean Dennis did most all of the work). I helped by watering the trees and adding cocoa mulch......and if you've never used cocoa mulch, I suggest to go NOW to your local nursery and pick yourself up a bag or two. It smells sooooooo good....just like chocolate chips!.....It took all I had not to nibble on one of those cocoa nubs. Mmmmmmm. Anyway, they look so pretty and we can't wait till they get bigger! I envision Christmas lights in them this year!

2 comments:

Dentay said...

Special thanks to my buddy Nick, for spending his time on Sat waiting for us to pick out trees so he could drive them home for us!

-DT

Nancy Bergenske said...

I haven't heard of these cocoa chips... will have to have more info on this! Happy Friday!