Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Bad Case of the Monday's

No post yesterday because I had a very bad case of the Monday's. It seemed like I hit one obstacle after another. The first thing I discovered yesterday morning was that my desks were raised WAY too high.....too high even for me. Now can you imagine a little first grader working at a desk like that? Talk about torcher for all parties involved! Then I had a note from my principal that made me feel like an idiot and I didn't know how to do my job. It basically came down to a misunderstanding, but I'm kinda concerned that he really thinks I didn't know what I was doing.....but I really do! Then I had a teacher tell me something about a student that kinda grated me the wrong way. By that time (10 minutes before school even started) I was in a very VERY foul mood. It was so bad that I ate in my classroom all by myself because I didn't even want to be around people, let alone be social....I really didn't even want to be around myself! Thankfully when I called my husband on my way home, he brightened my god awful day. He had one of his coworkers answer the phone and tell me that he "Henry" had taken over my husband's job. Dennis does this all the time, but has never had this guy answer the phone before. He was so good and kept it going without any hesitation that I was laughing so loud and hard I thought I would need to use my inhaler! And then when I got home and we just chilled out together, it was like my whole day just melted away and I was a completely a different person. Thank you honey.

Today, even though it was as long as hell, was better. I subbed for a 3rd grade teacher while he gave his 4th graders the STAR writing assessment. I was plunged into a world I haven't visited in a long, LONG time. Of course I have been in and out of classrooms (almost everyday) but I haven't subbed in a very long time. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I long for the day when I have my own classroom. With the current state budget, I'm concerned on how long it will be till that day comes.

I hope tomorrow will be another good day. I'm not wanting perfect, I just want good.....I'd maybe even settle for fair.

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

diane said...

Hope tomorrow is better for you. I'm almost feeling human again and ready to face the five year olds.

Diane

Nancy Bergenske said...

So sorry about your bad day... who said something about a student? You will have to spill the beans when I get back... I will force it out of you... Also, your phone is very cool... love the color! :)