Friday, December 12, 2008

Preparations Begin


I began to prepare today for the cookie bake off. I've chosen to begin the cookie baking marathon the weekend of the 19th. My friend is coming over on the 21st to help me. She's the ball roller. Her hands are unusually cold (mine are super hot) so she is able to roll all the cookie and candy balls without having them melt all over her hands. Today I gathered all my recipes and double checked what I was going to make and the ingredients I needed. Then I went through my cupboards and tossed all the old baking stuff. During that process I realized I desperately need to clean out the ENTIRE baking cupboard. It is a disaster!....and so unorganized! But I will leave that for another day.....when Caitlin's napping :) Tomorrow is shopping day....for both groceries and hopefully Christmas gifts as well. Oh, and Dennis and I bought an early Christmas gifts for ourselves.....new tires and rotors for my car....AND a new furnace!!! Yes, it is something I have always wanted (tear) and I finally have one! What happened was that on Tuesday we were supposed to get our super OLD furnace (45 years old to be more specific) cleaned but the guy said if he took it apart and found a crack (which was about 80% likely) he would have to condemn it and we would have ZERO heat! So we bought ourselves a shiny new furnace for Christmas......it will arrive next Tuesday....we're so thrilled!

No comments: