Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Milestone




So much to blog about and so little time! Dennis came home on Thursday afternoon and we were all very excited. Caitlin wore a cute purple dress with brown polka dots to meet him at the airport....she was so adorable!!! He came back with a big box full of Disney characters from the 2nd largest mall in North America.....I'm sure he would have brought back more stuffed animals if he could. Then the next day we headed over to visit J, K, B-man, and Maddie....the first time Caitlin and Maddie would meet! It was a full house of kids and it was absolutely fabulous! We just need one more child so every adult has one :) Caitlin also got to meet her other Grandpa (Dennis's dad) for the first time. I was concerned how Caitlin would do during the night. I was afraid it would be the one night in weeks she would stay up crying and then wake Brady and Maddie up too....however, ALL kids slept really well. In fact, Caitlin slept for 5 hours one night and then 4 1/2 the other night. She's been doing that lately....sleeping for at least 4 hours on the first stretch....it's been pretty nice. Maddie was really chill the whole time we were there too. I don't think she cried for more than a total of 5 minutes the entire time we were there! It was very sweet to see them laying next to each other.....and then holding hands! Brady was really good with both of them and kissed them every so gently on their foreheads! So precious!!! We headed out on Sunday morning and spent the rest of the day lounging around the house. But the big excitement happened on Monday morning.....Caitlin rolled over for the first time!!!!!!! Dennis took her in the livingroom for tummy time and to let me sleep in a bit. Then I heard him cheering her on and congratulating her. I was a bit puzzled by all the excitement until he came in to tell me what had happened. We all immediately came back into the livingroom and put her on her tummy to see if she would do it again.....and she did....twice!!!! We got it on our video camera and I'm working (or rather she's working) on getting in on my regular camera. I will post it as soon as I have it. Our little girl is growing up so fast!!!! Soon she'll be walking before we know it!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nancy Bergenske said...

Wow! How exciting! Can't wait to witness it firsthand. :-)