Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Cupcake Goodness


I have been quite busy these last few days experimenting with cupcakes. My friend may have me make cupcakes for her wedding in August so of course we had to test some ideas out. Just an FYI, black frosting stains....so watch out! One of the cake flavors is lemon and boy oh boy did they turn out lemony! I replaced most of the water with a cup of fresh lemon juice and the zest of one lemon....and WOW you could really taste the lemon. Plus, with all that extra acid added it messed with the leavening agent so the cupcakes didn't rise like they should have...another reason to adjust the next batch. I also made champagne cupcakes for the first time. I have to say they were my favorite....especially with the mocha frosting! Anyway, last night my friend and her fiance' tasted all the samples and checked out the design possibilities. And by making and decorating all the cupcakes I realize I desperately need to take a cake decorating class. I would love to learn how to make edible flowers and I really need to work on my relationship with fondant.....I thought we were on good terms, but after yesterday morning, we had a bit of a falling out.

No comments: