Thursday, November 13, 2008

Target and Mervyns

Today was Caitlin's first shopping day. I was a bit nervous but she just slept through the whole thing like it was no big deal. It's one thing when you drive yourself around, but when you have precious cargo in the car, you think and drive a bit differently. I was planning on using a Snugly pack but didn't because it was so bulky on me and I couldn't fasten one of the buckles in the back. So then I had to figure out how I was going to carry her about AND shop. Target was an easy solution...I could just put her carseat in a shopping cart. But Mervyns was a bit more challenging. I could carry her, but I didn't want anyone bumping into me or anything....and then there was the whole trying to deal with my purse and payment with one hand. So I decided to use the BOB stroller at Mervyns.....and boy oh boy was that nice. That stroller can manuver around super easy...plus you can hang hangers from the handle! Soon we'll be getting a couple of baby slings from our sister-in-law, so that will increase our transportation options.

Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

Nancy Bergenske said...

Sounds like you've been having fun... what did you buy? Also, who is Caitlin's Dr? I have a guess by your description, but won't post it here... It was sure great meeting her yesterday, and you look TERRIFIC and super content. I am just so happy for you and Dennis.

shan said...

It sounds like you have the trick to keep your baby happy!! I heard your coming in December!! I'm done with school the week of the 12th. I cant wait to see you guys!!

Anonymous said...

It sure is trickier shopping with little ones, but it sounds like you have it figured out! It's awesome you have that BOB. What did you get?

Jenai said...

Ah!... I thought you had a sling! We also have some (yes, some!) that we could send to you for variety and experimentation. Also, I have a Baby Bjorn that is SO NICE AND COMFY... and I'd gladly send that your way. We're seriously in the middle of tossing all the baby stuff... so now is your chance. ;)

Eh, I might send them to you anyway. Hehehe. In fact, I'm in need of your mailing addy again (and apparently an address book, LOL)... there are some things I've been, um, working on... that I need to mail you. :)

OH... and I have a horror story about the car seats on shopping carts... For now, just be careful that the cart stays on even ground and always keep a hand on the car seat... *shudders with the memory*

Hugs,
~Jenai