Friday, February 12, 2016

Valentine's Celebrations

Every year I am faced with this beast at school. It is far worse than Halloween. Maybe it's because I have an aversion to Valentine' Day in the first place, or the fact that when you mix love cards and sugar with 20+ students, on a day close to vacation, you end up with an explosion of students that need to be put in a looney bin! So, call me a policy abiding teacher or just plain mean, but there has been, now and for as long as I can foresee, a Valentine's Day card exchange ONLY! ...with a few exceptions. I, the teacher, for loving you all these 100+ days and being ever so patient with you, will be the only one who gets candy on this day. HAHAHAHAHA!!!! This worked out a little too well this year. My students got me good! And now I am left with so much chocolate I for one can't eat it all, two, I'm NOT giving it to my own children (I am not that crazy), and three, don't have the heart to throw it away (I discovered last year's stash in the Valentine's Day decorations box!). So, I suppose I will hit the gym a bit more in the next few weeks so I can enjoy that full size Butterfinger or that GIANT box of caramel filled chocolates.....Maybe next year I should ask for pencils?

No comments: