Monday, September 14, 2009

Our Foodie



Caitlin is quickly deciding that baby food is for babies and she is no longer a baby. I have been dreading the day that daycare said she just wouldn't eat her jarred food and today was that day! I knew it would be soon, but I wasn't expecting today! For at least the past few weeks, she's only been wanting finger foods for dinner. We can maybe squeeze in a jar of baby food if we're lucky. What she really wants is too feed herself, no matter how inefficient she is at times. But she practically hyperventilates when she sees string cheese or an avocado so it's hard to resist her feeding herself. So tonight I was rummaging through the house like a madwoman looking for stuff to send to daycare she could eat herself and not end up like the pictures above. I settled on yogurt (which thankfully she still devours), string cheese, pancakes (this is new), and pasta mixed with salsa. I hope this can satisfy her palate tomorrow.....I'd hate to have all the other daycare children covered in Caitlin's avocado, banana, and squash slime.

1 comment:

Nancy Bergenske said...

The most hilarious pictures ever!!