Friday, September 4, 2009

I survived!


I'm not sure how, but I did survive today. It really wasn't that bad and I knew they'd have a hard time listening since it was the first week of school and it was my first day with them, but WOW! At one point before lunch I realized, "I have absolutely no control here." They were just talking and talking and really didn't seem to notice I was there or that we were trying to finish a math assignment. But thanks to my handy dandy bell and some stretching we made it to lunch without anyone going wacko! After lunch seemed to go much smoother even during our art project. It's so funny how you can give directions to them, they repeat it....twice....and they still don't follow them! This just cracks me up! So while I was cutting more paper because they felt like cutting anything and everything, I spilled a HUGE bowl of colored chip markers. There were at least 200 in the bowl and they spilled all over the inside of the cupboard! I just let it go and none of the kids seemed to even know it happened.....I think they were to busy with their scissors! Although, I did get everything done that I planned! I am looking forward to next Friday and I'm telling myself it's okay if I don't have control of them every second. I mean, after all, they're only 5 and 6!

Oh, so Caitlin had to take a super late afternoon nap today. She was being super clingy and just wanted to nurse, but not really. She was super squirmy and would latch on and then detach about a half dozen times in a minute. So I just put her in her crib and about 10 seconds later, she was sleeping! Dennis had to wake her up an hour later (at 6pm) to avoid a bedtime fiasco later, and oh boy, she did NOT like that idea...AT ALL. Dennis was finally able to distract her with cheerios! She went to bed about 45 minutes later than normal and I really hope she sleeps well tonight!

P.S.---Caitlin's 10 months old today!!!!!! I should have a panda bear picture tomorrow.

No comments: