Thursday, August 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Chi-Sai!


Today is my step monster's birthday. Her week of celebration begins tomorrow with a Clint Black concert and then it's off to Victoria, Canada! I wish her a very happy day and a fun filled vacation!

Yesterday I went into work again. I so didn't get enough done and my room is still a complete disaster! I was thinking about going in today or tomorrow, but with Caitlin, I don't think I'd get much done anyway, so I'm not going. I'll head back down next Tuesday but I'm thinking I may need to stay an hour or two longer than I have daycare set up.....but we'll have to see.

I finished the first Sookie Stackhouse novel (about vampires if you didn't know) and it was pretty good. It's interesting reading it after watching the first season of it on Showtime. I have the second book on hold at the library so I'll read that as soon as it comes in. I was going to read "Interview with a Vampire" because I'd heard it's really good. But I also heard it's kinda scary so I nixed that idea because I don't want to give myself nightmares. So I've finally gotten to a book I borrowed from my friend Kris at the end of the school year, "The Boleyn Inheritance." I'm really enjoying it so far and I'm super glad I read "The Other Boleyn Girl" first.

I'm off to do some organizing (hopefully) while Caitlin is napping. Oh, and I'm trying a new hairdo. I parted it like normal, but then I gathered it into a low ponytail. I'm not sure how long it'll last today.....it kinda feels really weird!

No comments: