Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Should I?


I wasn't planning on teaching summer school this year, but after talking about it today, I just might. Financially, it would be a decent idea even taking the cost of daycare into consideration....but I did tell daycare Caitlin wouldn't be there during the summer so there is a chance her spot is taken during that time....something I have to check into. Plus, Nancy wants to teach summer school this year which would make it super fun and we would be able to collaborate which I would love....she has awesome ideas! The one hang up I thought about was a theme. Normally I have a theme picked out a year in advance, but since I didn't think I was going to teach I had nadda. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks!!! The theme would be "Memories." As I was leafing through some papers, I came across a project I've been wanting to do with my GATE class. It's a memory book that takes quite a bit of time to do, but I just don't have the time per week to work on it with GATE and that's when I thought it would be a perfect project for summer school. It can be tailored for all three grade spans, plus the junior high could read "The Giver" which is all about that. It's brilliant!!!!!!! Now I'm kinda jazzed about summer school.....so should I just go for it and teach it again?....or do I really want to deal with all prep work again? I guess I just have to mull it around for a while.

No comments: