Sunday, March 15, 2009

Reality


The reality of loosing my job finally hit me today as Dennis and I were coming home from Target and I began to cry. The thought of having to clean out my classroom and for someone else to use it instead (for whatever reason) makes me sick to my stomach. I really love my job and I worked so hard to get it. I've invested so much of my time in that school district and now it could all be meaningless. I don't know what I'm going to do. Sure we'll have to sell the house, but that's not what upsets me. It's that fact that I feel like my position at school is not valued and that the teachers and students will be fine without me....without my services. Which makes me wonder if I'm making a difference at all.....if I am really good at my job. It makes me so sad.

2 comments:

Jenai said...

Crap... I'm so sorry, Cindy. They will surely be the ones losing out the most. You are a gem... and the school and children are SO lucky to have you. I hope something changes... someone bends... and they shred that pink slip. Grrr. Makes me so mad to think about this!

HUGS,
~Jenai

Anonymous said...

It is definitely not you! Everyone would miss you and the job you do a LOT. That's not gonna happen. I have gotten pink slips before, and it is definitely scary. Try not to worry too much, everything will work out.