Saturday, March 21, 2009

Girl Scout Cookie Panic

I am afraid since I was on maternity leave I missed the Girl Scout cookie season! This is just tragic! I've seen only one troop out side of a store and heard about others.....but I haven's seen anyone at my school with the little forms or anyone talking about them either!!!! So Thursday I decided to to some investigative work. I put the word out that I am in the market for some cookies. Kris (the 4th grad teacher) told me she over heard some girls talking about selling the cookies. I told her to find out more about it and then I also went to one of the girl's homeroom teacher to tell him to tell her, I NEED SOME ASAP!!!! Actually, I don't NEED them. In fact, I shouldn't even get them, but I do LOVE them. Last year when they arrived I had morning sickness and anything sweet made me sick.....therefore, I couldn't eat them! Now, I'm going through withdrawals and the Ace of Cakes episode I watched last night about giant Girl Scout cookie cakes didn't help either!!!

Oh, I finally finished reading "Secret Life of Bees" last night. I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to watching the movie.....even though there is a 9 out of 10 chance I will be disappointed by it. The movie usually never lives up to the book. That is why if I really want to read the book and enjoy the movie too, I will watch the movie first and then read the book. It works pretty well I must say. Now I am reading "Wishful Drinking" by Carrie Fisher. It reads pretty quickly and is definitely a different writing style than I'm used to.....a nice change I think. I have so many other books I want to read and it just takes me forever to get through them since I had Caitlin. I would love to read "The Other Boleyn Girl" again....but it's a VERY long book. I think I'll stick to the unread books on my shelf first.

Happy Saturday

1 comment:

shan said...

I'm home for Spring Break and its nice to be home... but I guess this little comment about an unopened package of Thin Mints were in my parents fridge when I got home. I did not eat them all but had a few. Talk you soon!!!