Thursday, March 12, 2009

Patient of the Day

That's right! Caitlin Marie was patient of the day! It was time to get shots again and she didn't even cry! She didn't even make a sad face when it happened! I thought the nurse was taking a long time to give it to her and when I turned my head to look she was already done! What a sweet baby girl!!...and still sick to boot! We have to go back in 3 weeks to do another weight check. She weighed 12lbs 2oz (3 less than earlier this week) and measured 23 1/2 inches. Even though she lost weight and refuses to take a bottle during the day, she still is measuring within the normal range. The doc did say that if she continues to refuse the bottle, we should start her on cereal earlier than 6 months....and only at daycare. The rest of the time she would breastfeed. And soon she could start drinking from a sippy cup if we wanted to try that route as well. Isn't she just so funny!

Today I got my pink slip at work. It really is a bummer but I knew it was coming. I know at least 20% of my job will be cut and now there is a good chance that the other 60% will be too. I won't know anything more until May which kinda really sucks. So far I'm okay mentally. It'll probably hit me within the next day or so.....no wonder they give them at the end of the week!

3 comments:

Nancy Bergenske said...

What a cute little girlie! I am sure she'll start drinking soon. And, I am sooooooo sorry about your work news. I am going to be praying hard for you! And we'll for sure have summr school! :-)

Nancy Bergenske said...

What a good teacher I am, can't even spell summer!

Jenai said...

When you say Caitlin lost "3"... is that pounds or ounces?

And I'm so sorry about the icky work news, and even more sorry that you are still so in the dark about what it means. That's probably the hardest part!

HUGS!