Thursday, January 6, 2011

First Staple

Okay, so this wasn't the first post of the new year that I thought I'd be writing. I will definitely post about Christmas and such soon, but first....

Yes, Caitlin can officially add staples to her list of medical records. While I was at Colton's 4 month check-up, she ended up getting a cut on her head from a falling block. She didn't cry at all
and the cut didn't seem like it was that bad. But Dennis decided to go pick her up and then called me while I was just finishing at the doctor's office to let me know it was still bleeding a bit. So, with some info from the doctor, Dennis brought her in. When she walked into the office she was super happy and bubbly! You'd never even would have known she got hurt. The doctor took a look at her and said she needed a staple because the glue wouldn't work very well since it was in her hair. The doc didn't even have to numb her up because it was only one staple and it was just like getting a shot. She was such a champ! She barely cried! So when she got home, it was plenty of fries and Umi Zoomi for her!

The boy on the other hand was also a champ. He weighs 17lbs 9oz and is 25.5 inches long. He got three shots and only cried for a brief moment. And the rest of the time we were there with Caitlin, he was very happy and really smiley. He's such a good boy!

I will post more soon.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

That little girl's medical file is going to be bigger than mine before long! She sure is tough!