Sunday, January 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

Happy 32nd birthday to my wonderful husband!!!! He celebrated by
throwing a Pro Bowl party for his Fantasy Football league. We had a
potluck tailgate party food and there is SO much leftover. It looks
like I won't have to go shopping for the Superbowl now!!!! I helped
him start off his birthday early when he got home on Friday with his
first (and most likely his favorite) present.....an Ipod Touch. It is
a really nifty gadget and last night we played the LONGEST game of
scrabble on it that we have ever played. The game took about 2 hours
to play!!!! Caitlin and Colton made him a plaque with their hand and
foot prints. I used Colton's foot as a tree trunk and Caitlin's hand
as branches. Then we used our finger prints for the leaves and
blossoms on the tree. It turned out pretty cute. Ooooo, and for his
birthday cake, I made him an ice cream cake....cherry chip cake,
vanilla frozen yogurt, and buttercream frosting. I don't think I've
ever had cherry chip cake and I don't think I'll try it again. It's a
bummer really. The frosting and the ice cream were really good, but
the cake kinda had the same effect as when Colton takes a bite of
peas. Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but you get the point.

I also have to wish a very happy birthday to my Nana as well. She
always likes to celebrate by going to the Thai restaurant in town. So
funny that my Nana likes Thai food....I've never thought of her as an
adventurous eater.

No comments: