Monday, January 31, 2011

The Day After

The day after Dennis's very fun birthday party, we all fell ill. I felt like I had been hit with a truck because my body was so tired. Caitlin developed a runny nose and sneezing....plus she woke up with her first night terror in quite some time. A few hours later, Colton woke up crying...or almost screaming (I can't remember which because I was exhausted). Dennis thinks his tummy may have been upset because of a new food....peas or apples, I'm not sure. And Dennis wasn't sure if he was having allergies are the beginnings of a cold.

By morning, we were all exhausted. Dennis stayed home to help take care of us...and him. I got in a 3 hour nap mid morning and could have probably slept the rest of the day. Colton and Caitlin seemed to be doing better when I woke up, but Dennis appeared to be heading downhill. So while Caitlin and Dennis napped, Colton and I watched my DVR'd Kathy Lee and Hoda. By the end of the evening, I was feeling much better, Colton was super happy, and Caitlin was still runny but in good spirits. Dennis on the other hand, had to seek out the Nyquil. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

And now, I can't sleep. It's past midnight and I can't shut my brain off. It's SOOO funny (hear my sarcasm) that I couldn't get enough sleep last night or today, and now I can't even fall asleep! I am so not amused. I guess that is why there is coffee. Because when I wake up tomorrow morning, I will be super groggy and exhausted....oh, I so can't wait. :)

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Hope you all feel better fast. It is so hard to have the whole family sick. Everyone but me has had a runny nose for weeks now. I am thinking about taking Liam to the doctor tomorrow. He seems to feel worse today :(